Runs a speed test on your website and provides a score, along with Page Speed recommendations from Google on how to improve your website’s speed.
What is website speed test?
Website Speed Test (WST) is a web performance tool that allows you to measure how fast your website loads in different browsers. This can help you gauge how well your site performs across various devices. You can use this data to figure out what content needs to be optimized and where your users are experiencing issues loading pages.
WST works by running tests against websites using real browsers like Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc. The results from these tests are then compared with each other to determine if there are any discrepancies.
What is a good website speed score?
- Google PageSpeed Insights: This tool from Google can give you a pretty accurate idea about how your site performs in terms of speed. This includes average page load time, mobile load time, first-contentful-paint and others. Google has put together some guidelines that will help you improve your web pagespeed.
- Pingdom Website Speed Test: Pingdom is a great service that checks your server’s performance against a set benchmark. They have created this benchmark themselves. It’s called “The Perfect 10”. A perfect 10 means that your website loads at 10ms (10 milliseconds) and takes no longer than 5 seconds to load.
You can check out the benchmark yourself by visiting pingdom.com and entering your domain name into the search bar.
Which website speed test is most accurate?
- Google PageSpeed Insights: Google’s own page speed insight tool has been one of the most popular ones since its launch in 2016, but it’s not without flaws. While the app does provide a fairly accurate idea of what your site could do to improve its loading times, it can’t account for things like browser caching and server load variations. You might get different results from other tools, too.
- GTMetrix: GTMetrix is another reputable choice that’s often used by webmasters. It tests speed using five different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, and Opera) on multiple devices. The tool provides great data, including an overall score, suggestions about where improvements can be made, and how much time it would take to fix any slowdowns.
- Pingdom: Pingdom is another third-party service you can use to check page speeds. It offers three major features; an overall grade based on performance across desktop, mobile, and tablet. It then breaks down this into pagespeed scores for the three individual browsers, plus a few extras like responsive design and HTTPS/SSL encryption.
How do I increase my website speed index?
- Optimize your website images: Image compression is extremely important for all websites. If you are using images that are bigger than necessary, you’ll want to decrease their size to make the site load faster. This can be done through image optimization software like TinyPNG (tinypng.com). You can easily resize these images without losing quality and save some time uploading them.
- Compress your web fonts: Fonts take up quite a bit of space on your site which slows down pages. However, there are ways to compress your font files, thereby saving bandwidth and improving page loading times. Try a free service like Google Web Fonts ($0/month) to use custom fonts on your website.
How can I check my website speed on Google Chrome?
Google Chrome is the web browser developed by google.com, inc.. Since its first release in 2008, it has been downloaded over 400 million times. It supports features like extensions, tabbed browsing, and integrated search. The browser is having a good speed check and web audit tool, the name is Light house. You can try this browser to check webpage speed and SEO by these steps.
- Open your browser’s developer tools (press F12)
- Click on Network tab
- You should have two network connections, Localhost and Internet
- Select the localhost connection, wait for the page to load then click on the X button at the top right corner
- Click on the three dots icon at the top left corner
- Choose Reload without reloading.
If you feel this is big step, you can try SEO Tools Den’s Speed Test tool to get quick results.